Tuesday 21 December 2010

{Flying home for Christmas?}

Hi!

I have a lot of time on my hands for posting these days, so here's a follow up. I actually slept in a bed tonight! Yay for me :)

So, where did I leave off? Oh, yes, I had rescheduled my flight and wanted a hotelroom... Mmm, well, I got one obviously. But it sounds easier as it was. First of all, there are loads of people stranded so it is very full and busy here. The Air France lounge is my saviour though(this sounds like Air France lounge = Jesus, hmmm), since there are no lines existent or at least the are shorter.

They had a lot of problems booking me a room though, since my flight to Luxembourg is operated by Luxair. Still, after 4 hours of waiting and walking back and forth to the counter, and some tears, I got a room for the night including dinner and breakfast.

First, I had to take a bus there, which was kinda hard to find, since the TGV station was crowded with stranded passengers too, but I found it. Then I got at the hotel, got a nice room, and finally after TWO days took a bath :) I then was so tired I actualy fell asleep for two hours or so. At 22h00 I woke up, got dressed and dragged myself down to the restaurant. I felt like I was sleepwalking, but I had to eat something, so I had salmon with bread and peas. Yay, real food. I then went up and fell asleep again.

At 7h30 I got my wakeup call, since I don't own an alarmclock anymore. I took a shower again, to make up for the last days, haha, got dressed and had breakfast. At the same time I was stalking all websites with departures and arrivals at CDG and Luxembourg and weather forecasts. At 9h00 I went down to check out and take the bus to the airport, where I am now.

It still looks good, the earlier plane from CDG is boarding and the plane from Luxembourg should be here in an hour. That plane is supposed to fly me home later today. I am hoping and praying it'll work and I'll let you know.

Loads of love from Paris!
[Hoping it is the last time I'll say this]

No comments:

Post a Comment