Tuesday 8 March 2011

{University of Chicago}



Hi!

So here's part 2 of my posts on the universities I applied to. Today I'm gonna talk about the University of Chicago. As the name implies, it is located in Chicago, Illinois. It has an urban campus of 211 acres, and has around 5.000 undergraduate and 10.000 graduate students.

The University of Chicago was established in 1890 by the American Baptist Education Society, with a donation from John D. Rockefeller. The first classes were held in 1892. The university has more than 2.200 faculty members, and 85 Nobel prize winners are affiliated with UChicago, of which 8 are current staff members.

And, again, I haven't been to the University of Chicago, but I have been to Chicago. Eh, 4 years ago. They call it the windy city, and they are right. It is cold and windy, but it's also a beautiful city, with subways above the streets and, as I remember, a huge bookstore :)

For more info: http://www.uchicago.edu/

That's all for now,

talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment